The difference between these and others: They moisturise dry lids to play down fine lines and crow’s feet, so makeup doesn’t just stay put, but looks good too.
1. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Primer, $28, Sephora
This has a unique liquid formula that smooths crepey lids so eyeshadow glides on. A drop or two (from finger to lid) does the job.
2. Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, $37, Tangs Orchard
It’s lightweight, extremely long-lasting (10 hours), and really brings the colour and wear of makeup up several notches.
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging, $38, Sephora
Probably the most moisturising of the lot here, the light cream softens fine lines, and boosts skin elasticity and suppleness. Only recommended for really dry skin.
4. Make Up For Ever Eye Prime, $35, Sephora
This nude-coloured cream goes on smoothly, and hides flaws and skin discolorations. Makeup doesn’t budge for about eight hours.
5. Bareminerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer, $33, Sephora
Despite its silky texture, this dries almost instantly after application. It prevents eyeliner smudge for more than 10 hours, yet doesn’t feel or look dry.
An adapted version of this story first appeared in Female’s April issue, out on newsstands now.
This Week In Beauty: An Ultra Luxurious Edition Of Miss Dior, Christian Louboutin's First Foundation & More