1. Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream_EX, $52
It melts into skin and intensely hydrates. Our skin always looks dewy and plump after we use it.
2. La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream, $265
Literally for all complexions, it hydrates, softens, smooths, heals and calms – everything we want our moisturiser to do.
3. Guerlain Super Aqua-Creme Day Gel, $171
This sinks in, feels light and doesn’t leave skin looking greasy (a no-no for day) but softens skin so your foundation goes on smoother.
4. Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night, $64
This has glycolic acid, which gently “exfoliates” when we snooze. Expect that Sleeping Beauty moment when you wake up to smoother skin. Prince not included.
5. Sisley Sisleyouth, $240
What it says on the packaging – hydrating, energising, early wrinkles – it really does. It also freshens up tired skin and soothes it when it’s irritated.
6. L’Oreal Paris Keratin Smooth 72H Frizz Eraser leave-in spray, $16.90
A heat-protective leave-in treatment for very-bad hair days to soften roughness and smooth frizz and flyaways.
7. The Body Shop Body Satsuma Sorbet, $19.90
Its refreshing gel texture melts into liquid on application and literally cools us down. It leaves skin powdery soft and lightly scented.
8. Nivea Extra Whitening Skin Therapy SPF15 Body Milk, $9.90
This isn’t just friendly on the wallet, it also evens out patchy skin tone. Great if you don’t use body sunscreen as diligently as
9. PHS Hair Science PRO Detox Shampoo, $79.90
There are not many detoxifying shampoos, so it’s already a bonus in itself. The other plus: it works – cleanses deeply and restores scalp and strands to their natural order, the way they were meant to be.
10. Vichy Dercos Dermo-Soothing Sulfate free Shampoo, $25
Extremely gentle, it calms inflamed skin and can even be used twice a day.
11. Dove Intense Repair Conditioner, $7.70
It drenches even very dry hair with moisture without weighing it down (so important for our humid weather) and softens rough strands.
12. Kerastase Nutritive Lait Vital, $48
Whenever our locks give us problems, we look to Kerastase: our go-to after every chemical treatment to save fried hair.
13. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo, $65
This cleanses without stripping, and it lathers so quickly into a thick foam that you will never be put off by the word “oil” again.
14. Fresh Rose Cleansing Foam, $63
It foams into a super-light froth that’s ideal for sunburnt or sensitive skin; the more foam, the lighter the friction.
15. Biotherm Sun Mist dry touch spf50, $52
This cooling body spray has SPF50 and is so hydrating that we don’t need a moisturiser after. Just spritz and go.
16. Crabtree & Evelyn Pear and Pink Magnolia Body Souffle, $48
The scent is yummy (juicy pear and creamy lemon with a pink magnolia accent) while the rich whipped-cream-like texture is divine – the perfect body moisturiser.
17. Eve Lom Balm Cleanser, $90
Yes, the balm is thick and the how-to steps can be off-putting. But use it with hot water and its muslin cloth, and you will be amazed by the most thorough kind of clean.
18. DrGL Cleanser Acne, $78
We use this whenever we see a breakout coming or when our face has small bumps. It is anti-inflammatory, fends off acne-causing bacteria and prevents zits from turning into monsters. Even works on the scalp and body.
19. Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil, $50
This doesn’t clump on hair or make it greasy. Our tresses drink it extremely quickly and reciprocate with soft, smooth and shiny results.
20. Lux Soft Touch, $9.50
Its floral scent is not subtle; it’s strong – spa-like strong. And it lingers, inviting the kind of deep nose-to-skin inhaling we see in TVCs.
21. Kenzoki Sensual Hands Balm, $20
This makes cracked, dry skin not cracked and dry anymore. And its efficacy lasts 10 hand washes.
22. L’Occitane Aromachologie Relaxing and RevitaliZing Shower Gels, $33 each
The first has soothing citrus and lavender essential oils to prep us for bed. The latter’s blend of grapefruit, rosemary and mint wakes us. A duo that we must stockpile.
23. Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF50, $69
This combats infrared rays – those that come from common appliances like the microwave. It’s also lightly tinted and manages to perfectly even out our skin tone.
24. Shiseido Multi-Defense UV Protector SPF50/PA+++, $59
One of the lightest we’ve ever come across, this liquid sunscreen leaves a nice, matte finish.