1. L’Oreal Paris Oleotherapy Deep Recovery Mask, $19.90.
A blend of six flower oils – camomile, gardenia, lotus, rose, argan and flaxseed – smooths and nourishes.
2. Percy & Reed Totally TLC Hydrating Mask, $42, Sephora.
Marshmallow extract and coconut oil condition and soften.
3. Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Nourish Reconstruction Mask, $25.90.
The name’s a big hint: This promises to repair damaged locks and boost shine. Great for chemically treated hair.
4. Shiseido Professional The Hair Care Aqua Intensive Mask, $76.
Created specifically for darker Asian hair, this helps to replenish moisture and add shine to dull, damaged strands.
5. L’Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium Instant Reconstructing Masque, $34.
Thanks to ceramides and lactic acid that strengthen hair, and lipids that lock in nutrients, this helps to smooth and hydrate dry, unruly locks, creating a silky finish.
6. Kerastase Chronologiste Creme de Regeneration, $69.
A sweet treat to strengthen weak, dry hair, this has sugar molecules extracted from volcanic cracks (said to have healing properties).
7. Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Masque, $63.
This has buriti tree, olive oil and pomegranate extract to soften and hydrate dry, brittle hair.
An adapted version first appeared in Female’s July issue, out on newsstands now.