These serums and oils don’t weigh down or grease up hair (even if yours is really fine), and they double as pre-styling protection as well.
1. Aesop Shine ($45) has grape seed and jojoba seed oils, and is great for coarse hair that needs nourishing. It’s so light that you barely feel it on your strands, and the citrus scent is a bonus. Best on clean, slightly damp hair. Two to three drops are sufficient.
2. Living Proof Satin Hair Serum ($39, Sephora) is oil- and silicone-free, and for all hair types. It gives locks a shiny, slightly “wet” look that lasts for about an hour.
3. Innisfree Camellia Essential Hair Oil Serum ($15) has camellia oil to turn dry, damaged tresses to smoother ones.
4. Kerastase Elixir Ultime ($62) has four oils – pracaxi seed, argan, maize and camellia – to restore suppleness and shine. And it can be used as frequently as you like throughout the day.
5. Shiseido Professional The Hair Care Caviar Essence ($52, Shunji Matsuo Hair Salon) has yeast extract, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E to repair, hydrate and protect dry hair from heat damage.
6. Toni & Guy Shine Gloss Serum ($22.90, Watsons) makes tresses glossy. Apply two to three pumps (five if your locks are thick and coarse) on clean, dry hair.
7. Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Ultimate Remedy Duo-serum ($69) is a gel-like serum that has ceramide to strengthen tresses, and give more body and lustre. For all hair types, especially damaged ones.
An adapted version of this story first appeared in Female’s April issue, out on newsstands now.
Looking Good Doesn't Have To Be A Tiring Affair When You Have These Fuss-Free Makeup Products