Dark circles? Not a fan. These creams and serums help lighten and refresh the area – immediately.
1. Cle de Peau Beaute Concentrated Brightening Eye Serum, $120
The floral-scented fluid has natural silk and pearl extracts to boost radiance and hydrate skin. It can be used on its own, or under an eye cream if you have dry skin.
2. Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream, $139, Sephora
The fragrance-free cream has pearlised pigments and powders to brighten.
3. La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel, $220
Pearl pigments brighten and help conceal flaws, while its antioxidant-rich algae extract protects against fatigue, stress and pollution.
4. Philosophy Brighten My Day Expert Dark Circle Brightening & Perfecting Eye Cream, $58
Lightly tinted to instantly illuminate the under-eye area, this hydrating cream has algae extract and vitamin C to soften the appearance of blue and brown hues, and dark spots.
5. Clarins Defining Eye Lift, $82
This serum doesn’t just lighten dark circles, it also reportedly lifts the eye contour over time to prevent sagging, so you look more wide-eyed.
6. Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream, $78, Sephora
This cooling gel melts into skin and has a light rose scent.
7. Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector, $65
This tube of lightweight fluid is tiny (15ml), but it pulls triple duty: mineral pigments to lighten; vitamin C to reduce discoloration; and it even works as a concealer with light coverage. Another plus: It comes with SPF30.
8. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy, $59, Sephora
The light pinkish cream is free of parabens, chemicals and colourants to address sensitive skin.
An adapted version of this story first appeared in Female‘s April issue, out on newsstands now.