The benefits of honey in skincare: It hydrates, heals and soothes skin, and smells pleasingly sweet. Here are 8 to shop for.
1. Honeyce Moisture Repair Treatment ($19.90, Watsons) is a rinse-off conditioner that has eight types of honey, including manuka and acacia, as well as argan oil that reportedly helps repair dry, damaged hair.
2. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Body Polish ($45) not only nourishes skin, but also helps exfoliate with ingredients like ground luffa fruit and jojoba oil. 5 Crabtree & Evelyn English Honey & Peach Blossom Lip Salve ($13) has honey extract and beeswax to soothe, soften and condition lips, and shea butter to keep them moisturised.
3. Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Honey Bath bubble bath ($69, Tangs Orchard) contains vitamins A and E to moisturise, and has a musky vanilla scent, thanks to hints of tangerine, tiger orchid and sandalwood.
4. Crabtree & Evelyn English Honey & Peach Blossom Lip Salve ($13) has honey extract and beeswax to soothe, soften and condition lips, and shea butter to keep them moisturised.
5. The rich Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Body Creme ($140) has jojoba seed oil and cocoa seed butter to keep skin soft and hydrated. Its scent: a light, floral blend of nectarine, acacia honey, peach and cassis extracts.
6. Burt’s Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion ($20, Sephora) moisturises without being greasy, and smells like a yummy mix of vanilla, honey and lemon.
7. L’Occitane Bonne Mere Honey Shower Gel ($21) foams into a lightweight froth that leaves a sweet, subtle scent.
8. With 38 per cent pure honey, the rinse-off Fresh Creme Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask ($229) promises to soften skin, and has echinacea extract that reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
An adapted version first appeared in Female’s June issue, out on newsstands now.