1. Bliss Fabulips Sugar Lip Scrub, $30, Sephora
Jojoba seed oil and shea butter moisturise, while walnut shell powder buffs off flaky skin.
2. Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream, $48
This works on both face and lips, using micro-beads to gently remove dirt and oil.
3. Sara Happ Confetti Cake The Lip Scrub, $35, www.luxola.com
Cute packaging aside, this contains nourishing grapeseed and jojoba seed oils that leave lips feeling buttery soft immediately after rinsing.
4. Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste, $67
A multitasker for face and lips, this has rosemary leaf oil to hydrate, and fine quartz particles to gently
slough away dead skin.
5. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish, $33
This caramel-scented scrub has sugar to help seal in moisture, and a blend of jojoba and grapeseed oils to improve the look of dry, rough skin.
6. Handmade Heroes Coco-licious Luscious Lip Scrub, $6.90, www.handmade-heroes.com.
It smells (and looks) just like coconut shavings, and has organic virgin coconut oil to help hydrate lips.
7. The Body Shop Lipscuff, $19.90
Marula oil and organic beeswax moisturise and condition, while crushed fig stone granules remove dead skin cells. Bonus: Its stick applicator design means no mess on your fingers.
An adapted version of this story first appeared in Female‘s August issue, out on newsstands now.