$20 & UNDER 1. Maybelline Color Sensational Powder Mattes, $14.90 Even the name suggests something chalky, the velvety formula envelops lips and forms a cushiony veil that’s rich in pigments for high coverage effect that refuses to budge through food and drinks.
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red, $18.90 This creamy matte lipstick dresses lips in intense, rich colour in just one swipe. And it lasts for hours on end without feathering or flaking.
3. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 13 Marvelous Mauve, $19 Available in a dizzying array of colours, this transfer-resistant product applies like a plush lip cream but sets as a silky lip stain. It is also infused with avocado oil so lips feel smooth throughout the day.
$20 to $35 4. Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Color in 020 Angelic, $22.90 For immaculately lustrous lips that lasts up to 24 hours, first apply the matte undercoat. Let the colour set for about one minute before layering the top coat to seal the colour and add a vinyl-like shine so it stays put round the clock.
5. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in #21 Saperliprunette, $25 For those still experimenting with matte lips, this is the one made for you. Featuring an ultra-fine texture that glides onto lips smoothly, it sets into a velvety finish with just a bit of sheen instead of a full-on matte finish. Thanks to volatile oils, you can barely feel you’re wearing it, yet it keeps lips nourished.
6. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in K-Dub, $31 Widely raved about by beauty editors and beauty insiders, this power-packed formula is arguably the holy grail. Not only does it combine fade-proof wear and ultra-pigmented colour, it also boasts a weightless texture that doesn’t clump or stick. Thanks to vitamin E and sunflower seed extract, it applies effortlessly like a gloss and set in a dramatic matte finish.
7. Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Drop Dead Red, $33 For those who prefer a cushiony texture, this creamy liquid lipstick glides onto lips like butter but sets in a vivid and matte finish. It is also infused with hyaluronic filling spheres to plump lip lines so you have a picture perfect pout that lasts for hours without touching up.
8. M.A.C Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo, $33 A lipstick doesn’t achieve and retain its cult status if it doesn’t deliver. Case in point: this iconic lipstick from M.A.C. Not only is it a perfect shade of red that flatters virtually every skin tone, its longwear formula is void of any shine or glitter for the most glamorous and dramatic crimson shade.
$35 & Above 9. Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color, $36 Go from zero to hero with just one swipe of this head-turning red. All you have to do is give the tube a good shake before each use and its lip-defining precision wand will help make immaculate pout effortless to achieve. It also has texture so light, you’ll actually forget you have it on—until someone compliments you, of course.
10. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Let’s Go Crazy, $38 Shaped like a jumbo pencil, this non-drying formula contains rich emollients for a creamy texture that doesn’t fade or budge for hours. Plus, its pencil format makes it super easy to achieve pro-like precision.
11. Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Power, $40 With a total of 24 shades available, this is your wildest lipstick dream come true. Combining unparalleled comfort, saturated pigments and foolproof application, this dresses your lips in unstoppable colour that feels like virtually nothing without fading or smudging.
12. Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in 378 Rose Lancôme, $48 Promising luxurious comfort, premium skincare ingredients and vibrant colour, the L’Absolu Rouge range is perfect for any woman looking to build a lipstick wardrobe. Available in three textures, the ones with a matte finish gives a luminous matte finish that stays put throughout a day at the office. Enriched with moisture-boosting Pro-Xylane and antioxidant vitamin E, it drenches lips with rich pigments and conditions them at the same time.
13. YSL Beauty Tatouage Couture in 08 Black Red Code, $55 As its name suggests, this lip colour is inspired by tattoos and provides long-lasting wear so you never have to worry about touching up. Thanks to its ink-like formula, its ultra-thin texture goes on weightlessly onto lips, leaving behind a stain that withstands food and drinks.