1. Shu Uemura Lightbulb Fluid Foundation Sponge, $25
Use the flat side with a tapping motion for fuller coverage. The pointed side is specially coated to absorb excess oil to mattify the T-zone.
2. Sephora 3D Precision Sponge, $20
Latex-free and antibacterial, this hypoallergenic sponge is for foundation, concealer and blusher.
3. Shu Uemura Skin:fit Pentagon Brushing Sponge, $18 for a pack of four
Use the pink side to apply foundation evenly. The flip side helps to set it.
4. Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup Sponge, $11
Dermatologist-tested, it is so soft that it never tugs skin, so you barely feel any friction no matter how rough you are.
5. Dior Backstage Blender Fluid Foundation Sponge, $16.
Its egg shape allows it to reach areas like the sides of the nose.
Photography Raymond Lee Styling Thomas Cannings & Leyna Poh
An adapted version first appeared in Female‘s August issue, out on newsstands now.