Former Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini walked down the aisle in one of Valentino’s romantic dresses last Friday. She joins a growing list of celebrities and fashion personalities who’ve worn one of the legendary Italian house’s couture creations.
Giannini’s gown was designed by Valentino creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, both close friends of the bride. The blush pink couture creation featured romantic lace panels and long sleeves.
Check out which other famous brides wore Valentino:
1. Anne Hathway in a sparkly pink vintage-inspired off shoulder tulle ballgown in her marriage to Adam Shulman.
2. Sophie Hunter’s exquisite gown featured lace details, a high neckline, sheer long sleeves and an empire waist.
Remember Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter’s low-key wedding earlier this year? The gorgeous bride wore an ethereal custom-made couture gown featuring exquisite #lace details, high neckline, sheer long sleeves and an empire waist from @maisonvalentino. Beautiful! – Felicia Photographed by #AnnieLeibovitz for @voguemagazine Missed the wedding? Here’s what went down during their nuptials: www.herworldplus.com/weddings/updates/what-went-down-benedict-cumberbatch’s-wedding #wedding #weddings #benedictcumberbatch #sophiehunter #valentino #isleofwight #fashion #couture #style #gown #dress #brides #bridal #weddinginspo #bridalinspo #annieleibovitz #vogue #voguemagazine #regram
3. Socialite Tatiana Santo Domingo wore an ivory silk tulle and macrame lace gown with a cashmere cape for her second wedding with Andrea Casiraghi, eldest son of Princess of Hanover.
4. Model and actress Marica Pellegrinelli tied the knot with Italian singer Eros Ramazzotti in a gown embroidered with the sheet music of the couple’s love song.
5. Princess Madeleine of Sweden’s gown was fashioned out of silk organdy, Chantilly lace and had a 4m long train.
6. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands donned a structured mikado silk gown with lace trims in her 2002 nuptials to King Willem-Alexander.
7. Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece’s pearl-embellished ivory silk wedding dress had a 4.5m long Chantilly lace train.