Classic shoe associated with fashion icons ranging from the late Princess Di to Alexa Chung? Nice. Your very own pair customised to your tastes? Awesome. Here’s why you need to know about Salvatore Ferragamo’s made-to-order programme now. Design your very own pair of Ferragamo shoes before the made-to-order programme closes on January 31.
1. There are two signature styles to choose from: The bow-adorned, block-heeled Vara pumps ($1,090) that’s been around since 1978, and the ballet flat adaptation Varina ($990) that debuted in 2007. Even if you aren’t into fashion, you’d know them both.
2. You can change up the material – patent leather or fabric.
3. You can make it colour block – choose from nine shades for the upper (the main body), and five shades for the bow and heel.
4. You can add your initials on the sole – at no extra cost.
5. You can test out combinations on the brand’s website (www.customize.ferragamo.com) before placing your order at the Ion Orchard boutique.
6. Every pair is handmade in Italy, taking up to 12 weeks to complete.
7. And you have only till Jan 31 to get this done.